Register for Confirmation Retreat 2017 (Suttle Lake, April 21-23)
The Confirmation Retreats (read more here) have been great opportunities for confirmation classes to share a larger experience and really celebrate the connectionalism of the United Methodist Church. Churches who have confirmation classes and have questions about this experience or would like to be part of the conversation that shapes this event, please contact Jane Petke at Suttle Lake Camp as soon as possible.
Confirmation classes register for this event as a group, including adult leaders. The following link takes you to the downloadable PDF to print, complete, and send in:
Confirmation Retreat Group Registration Form
What are the 7 Foundations of Camp & Retreat Ministries?
United Methodist Church Discipleship Ministries
The 7 Foundations of United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries (nationally, UMCRM) began with a prayerful discernment centered on two specific questions:
- What must we do well in order to be truly effective now and into the future?
- What is absolutely vital for us to focus on in fulfilling the church’s mission within the unique camp and retreat setting?
These questions sparked two national summits attended by many United Methodist camp and retreat leaders who gathered to listen and come to a shared vision. The 7 foundations below are the fruit of those important gatherings.
Each describes the nature of an essential aspect of Christian camp and retreat ministry and provide biblical and theological grounding. They provide valuable guidance and a sense of shared direction among the many camp and retreat centers across the denomination. These foundations have also been highly valued, utilized, and adapted by other Christian denominations, since there is much in common ecumenically. If you are new to Christian camp and retreat ministry or if you would like to go deeper, these documents are a beneficial resource.
Click here to read through the documents in their entirety at the national United Methodist Camp & Retreat Ministries' website.
- Provide Sacred Places Apart
- Nurture Christian Faith and Discipleship
- Teach Creation Care and Appreciation
- Partner with United Methodist Churches and Agencies (AND our cross-denominational partners)
- Extend Christian Hospitality and Community
- Develop Principled Spiritual Leaders
- Inspire and Equip Lives for Love and Justice