UMCOR Responds to Harvey
The United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) is currently working with disaster coordinators and early response teams to provide relief to the many victims of hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Watch for updates at umcor.org and on the UMCOR social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter:@umc_umcor).
5 Things You Can Do
- Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers in The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church, Río Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church and Central Texas Conference who are working tirelessly to provide relief after Harvey.
- Make relief kits, Here are instructions. For information about getting kits to the UMCOR depots, contact Donna Waltman at firstname.lastname@example.org. And consider going to Kit Kamp, October 26-29 at Camp Magruder.
- Give to UMCOR's relief and recovery efforts. 100% of your gift to the US Disaster response will be used to respond to emergencies. This fund is already providing support for Harvey response, and by giving to it you will help that response and help UMCOR be ready the next disaster.
- Donate only those items requested.
- Please wait for an invitation to volunteer. Contact Oregon-Idaho Conference Volunteer in Mission coordinator, Becky Platt, (email@example.com) to lean about joining, or leading, an UMVIM team. Recovery will be a long process, so teams will be needed for months ahead.